Be Alert for Email Scams
DO NOT click on links or reply to email, test or pop-up messages that ask for your personal or financial information…even if the email appears to be from an organization you trust. Mother Lode Bank and other legitimate businesses DO NOT ask for sensitive information through email.
You can help protect yourself from fraud.
We at Mother Lode Bank work diligently to protect you from any fraudulent behavior and to safeguard your account. There are some simple things that you can do to help.
Protect your Personal Identification Number (PIN):
- Never write down your PIN. Memorize it as soon as you get it.
- Do not disclose your PIN to anyone. No one from any financial institution, the police or a merchant should ever ask for your PIN.
- At an ATM or PIN pad, enter your PIN discreetly, shielding the keypad with your hand or body.
Follow these steps to spot suspicious activity and protect your bank account:
- Review your monthly statements for any unauthorized activity. You can also monitor your account activity online anytime at www.motherlodebank.com
- Never give out your account numbers or other personal information unless you can validate the authenticity of the requestor.
- Always shred personal and financial information before discarding it.